Wednesday, April 1, 2009

starting vines from clippings

I have learned by talking to neighbors, foster kids taking horticulture class at Orem High school, and Mike Mc's news letters that I can, ME, all by myself make startings of vines like grapes and black berries. I cut the stem now as it is starting to grow buds for spring, about an inch above and below the bud, put it in water and put the container into a clear plastic bag tied up on the top, to make a little green house. It traps the gases that are produced and encourages the stem segments to make roots and leaves. (Stem Cell research is not only for animals)
Each of these little sticks will grow roots and leaves, then I will put them in individual pots to grow for my yard sale in May.

Tell your friends in Utah County, I am having a yard sale in May, probably most weekends Thursday through Saturday in my back yard. Yard Sale = plants and seeds for your yard.

Utah County Residents and Businesses: don’t forget the first annual Growing Together YARD SALE in May. Just in time for Mother’s day or Memorial Day, or Cinco de Mayo.Baskets, buckets, tincans and planters full of Orem special blend of garden flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment